Thursday, March 23, 2006

South Dakota Index

Since I'm rapidly approaching 100 posts, and I seem to be gaining new readers by the day (most of whom come here looking for that post on the old Homicide episode about the araber I did, strangely. . .well, except for the guy who came here looking for "south dakota mushroom club." I wish I had found it when I was living there too, bud), I thought it would be as good a time as any to direct you to some older posts I did that seem sort of worth reading (don't listen to me though; ask my mom).

Plus, I'm still sick, so this is as good a way as any to put off actual work for a little longer. And continue to attract readers from Dreamworks SKG (of all places). Thanks, Extreme Tracking!

Writing stuff:
Grammar fun!
Why getting acclaimed as a teen writer is a bad idea
A model for independent television

TV stuff:
Reviewing "Bones."
Why so much TV criticism sucks
Random Episodes #1
The 20 Best Shows on Network TV in 2005 (with caveats)
Making reality shows more like documentaries
In Defense of Full House
10 Reasons to watch Battlestar Galactica
Random Episodes #2
Farewell to Arrested Development
Perfect Episodes: "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"
Perfect Characters: Lisa Simpson
The Sopranos: Season 1, Seasons 2 and 3, Season 4 and Season 5
Perfect Characters: Chloe O'Brian
The oddly popular Perfect Episodes: "Three Men and Adena"
Single camera sitcoms that suck
Casts are getting huge
James Burrows and sitcom history
Battlestar Galactica, Season 2
Super TV Preview (in progress): ABC (plus addendum), CBS and The CW
Prison Break thoughts

Other media stuff:
How newspapers work (complete with explanation of how no one knows how they work due to the lack of good newspaper-related TV shows)
Thoughts on EGM's 100 Greatest Video Games of All Time
10 Comic Strips worth reading
Steve Urkel and the Come to Jesus Meeting, parts 1, 2 and 3
Trailer Curmudgeons #1
Oscar Nominations!
Thoughts on The New World
How the public deserted the Oscars, not the other way around (now approved by Stylus Magazine's own L. Michael Foote!)
Oscar show thoughts
Trailer Curmudgeons #2

Unclassifiable stuff:
South Dakota Dark? What does THAT mean?
Opening Ceremonies
S.D. abortion law thoughts, Parts 1 and 2
Lots of fun links

What have I learned from all of this linking? That I need to write more about writing. And unclassifiable stuff, I guess. And I need to get back on the Perfect Episodes train. Which will happen once the TV preview is done, I assure you.

So pick something that interests you and get reading!

In the meantime, assemble your OWN Super TV Preview with this article on pilot trends. And, here! Vaguely left of middle politics that seem to mirror my own.

See you all again when my body rejects this virus.

No comments: