Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Your new best friends

Hey! Look at all of those new links! I wonder what they do!

Let's start at the top, shall we?

Wannabe TV Writer is a. . .wannabe TV writer. Imagine that. But her life is full of twists and turns and lots of good advice about schmoozing.

In the next section down, we've got an updated link for Fred Goss (the ABC one hasn't worked for a while now -- sorry). I know it takes you to MySpace, but it's FRED GOSS, man. Meanwhile, Doris Egan gets an upgrade since she actually, y'know, works on HOUSE, and Javier Grillo-Maxmuch, formerly of Lost, joins the merry parade.

Lots of new critics and business-related sites. Wax Banks is a GREAT writer. Check out his stuff, yo. A List of Things Thrown Five Minutes Ago is a hilarious pop culture blender. And Carrie of I See Monsters fulfills two of my mission statements: Link to more girls and link to more people who actually like reality TV (since I don't).

But wait. There's more.

Kris has new digs over at In Contention. Be sure to check them out for your awards-related excitement. And there are THREE new film review blogs: My Life at 24 Frames Per Second, Green Cine Daily and Cinemania.

And lots of print TV critics! For fun! Rich Heldenfels writes for the Akron Beacon-Journal, Virginia Heffernan writes for the New York Times and Matt Roush and Michael Ausiello write for TV Guide (I would have added Melanie McFarland, but she never updates her blog).

Finally, industry analysis from David Poland and Jeffrey Wells. Phew!

If you just want a laugh, though, check out Marmaduke Explained, where Joe Mathlete explains the day's Marmaduke to you in 500 words or less. The first authentically amusing comics blog since the Curmudgeon, it is. (Also? I don't cook, but Three Tarts is partially written by a good friend.)

Lastly, Don't Kick Food linked to my piece at House Next Door, so he makes the list too. And if you're linking to me, let me know. I'll add you!

1 comment:

Dan Jardine said...

Hey guys, thanks for the plug. We at Cinemania aims to please.