Monday, October 09, 2006

South Dakota Dorks

Due to the fact that two men cannot alone cover the entirety of the television landscape, the gleanings are going to have to stop for now (unless we get really specific with them). However, if you think you would like to help out with these sorts of things, please e-mail me or leave a comment. We're going to be expanding here and can always use the extra hands.

This, actually, is our 300th post. I started this site in January and hoped to make it a blog about my attempts to become a television writer. Instead, the criticism aspects proved massively popular, and since I like to give the people what they want, I let those take over to the point where I've spun the television writing stuff off into another blog (if that sort of thing strikes you as unbearably wonky, never ever ever go there and just stay here).

Big changes will be coming to SDD as the new year approaches, but for now, look to us for TV criticism and occasional pieces on books and films. Thanks for your continued readership and always know that I'm willing to listen if you've got something to say.

In the meantime, some links for now.

--If you have yet to see my review of Friday's Battlestar Galactica premiere over at House Next Door, go here now. I personally think it's one of the better critical pieces I've ever written.

--I've been enjoying Kenny's blog for a long while now, but his tale of going to a tea party at the American Girl store in Los Angeles is something I think you'll enjoy.

--I think it says a lot about the kind of people I hang out with that the vast majority of our reactions to the Mark Foley scandal went something like this.

--Jamie Weinman has new digs to go with the old ones at Canada's MacLean's magazine Web site. His post on why sitcoms today aren't as good as those of yore hits the nail on the head in a way I had never considered before.

--And I really, seriously want to meet this girl.

Since you're such a good audience, here's a YouTube clip as well.

The X-Files' Jose Chung's "From Outer Space" was the subject of my first perfect episode post. Since I didn't know how to do this at the time, I couldn't, but here's the lovely denouement of the episode, from the pen of Darin Morgan, one of the best, least-prolific writers in the history of the medium.



Thanks for sticking with us through 300 posts and please stick around for 300 more.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Thanks for the link.