Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"I liked him last week, big mouth!" - American Idol



It's been a tough week, and at 1:30 a.m. with no sleep in sight, I have no patience for this show or this episode or anything, so don't expect anything more than the bare bones, kids.

It's country week on AI and it was just as mediocre as one might expect. The only bright spot of this dismal show was that the quality performers (see: Melinda and Jordin) were back and better than ever this week, so that's some consolation.

1. Phil Stacey - "Where the Blacktop Ends": Gah. I have nothing new to say about Phil Stacey. Tonight was one of his better performances, as he was consistently okay throughout, as opposed to only bothering to REALLY sing the choruses as he's done most of the season so far. I'm just completely over all the men in the competition.

2. Jordin Sparks - "A Broken Wing": Beautiful. I hope to someday have as much poise as this 17 year old. God knows I love Melinda, but Sparks is my pick to win it all.

3. Sanjaya Malakar - "Something to Talk About": Malakar hoped to do Bonnie Raitt justice by singing this song? Then sit down, son, because it's not going to happen. I'm just so tired of this whole thing. It's not going to come around to being funny again ... it's just tired. Please, someone just end it.

4. LaKisha Jones - "Jesus Take the Wheel": So ... this was the first time I'd heard this song that's garnered so many awards for Carrie Underwood, and I have to imagine that this was not a great version for me to start with. Jones seems tapped out at this point, trying to recapture the audience's awe and failing miserably. It's only a matter of time now.

5. Chris Richardson - "Mayberry": Yes, Chris, nasally IS a type of singing ... it's called BAD singing. As for the Virginia Tech thing ... I can't even comment. I'm through with Richardson. And am seriously considering not reviewing him for the rest of his run on this show, as inevitably, his pity plea will work on America's sympathies and he will unjustifiably, make it through another week.

6. Melinda Doolittle - "Trouble is a Woman": It was great to see Melinda back on form tonight, and with her hair extensions, she looked hot to boot.

7. Blake Lewis - "When the Stars Go Blue": Blake was fine tonight, not the strongest singer left, so topical work seems to test him even more than others. He'll stay around but I just don't know how much longer he can last.

Simon and Seacrest were back to fighting tonight, but it was much less lover's quarrel-y than in past shows, so it was a nice change of pace. Also, Paula is the most useless judge in the history of the world. Lame.

Tonight's winner: Jordin Sparks
Tonight's loser: Chris Richardson
Tomorrow's loser: Sanjaya Malakar*

*Who knows? I was right last week!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

WHAT THE CRAP IS YOUR FREAKIN PROBLEM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!
CHRIS IS AWESOME. DO YALL EVEN LIKE VA TECH??????????????? MY BROTHER GOES THERE YOU IDIOT.
CHRIS IS FROM VA AND SO AM I ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGA
DUDE, I THINK YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS. IT'S NOT HIS FAULT HE GOT OUT IT'S AMERICA'S

ok yo i'm sorry i over react a little. k a lot but just don't say he's an ass. He believes in God and that means he will live a healthy life and when he dies he'll go up to heavan and God will see his name in the book that he has (i forgot the name) and he'll open the gates to heavan


AMEN HALLELUJAH

Todd VanDerWerff said...

This is the best comment ever.

But when he goes to Heaven, will he still be an ass?

Libby said...

Um.
LOL.
I don't even want to tell this poor girl what's being said about Chris at OW.

Listen, if you don't know why I would be upset about his statement, then there's no point in trying to explain.

Beyond that, I didn't like him because he wasn't a good singer. Seeing as AI is a singing competition (theoretically) my opinion of him is valid.

So ...

yeah.