Thursday, June 14, 2007

Capital letters: The Closer

(So I completely forgot David was off to Paris for a few days -- lackadaisical Brits -- and I didn't TiVo Rescue Me. So that will have to wait until he's back, but I'm sure you can contain yourselves until then. I'll try to come up with something worth posting over the next few days, and there you go. In the meantime, here's my latest TimeOut piece.)

TNT’s legal thriller The Closer, which starts its third season Monday 18, is a series best described in capital letters. Kyra Sedgwick plays Brenda Leigh Johnson, a detective who CARES TOO MUCH. At home, she and her boyfriend SQUABBLE, while at work, her boss, J.K. Simmons’s William Pope, GROWLS AT THE CAMERA.

___________________
You need to read the rest here.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

It's funny, I agree with every criticism you wrote but I still love this damn show. It's the only procedural I still watch, since I gave up House last year. I don't know. It's fun! It's not challenging! Brenda makes me laugh! That sidekick cop who was also in that terrible 80s movie Mannequin makes me laugh! I can't explain it.