Sunday, July 12, 2009

TV on the Internet, Episode 14: Some Emmy Prediction for You



We've got more special guests this week -- Erik Dean Anderson of Awards Daily's forums and Big Ted of For Your Speculation. Both also post at Culturish. We're going to be discussing which shows will be nominated for Emmys this Thursday and which won't. Here's a hint: If you love quality television, you've got a 50/50 shot or so! Please keep voting for us on iTunes! Your reviews and ratings have us climbing the ranks, and we will NOT BE STOPPED.

(We used a new program to capture our clips this week, and the quality is pretty hit and miss. We'll go back to good ol' Replay AV starting next week.)

We're available on iTunes, or you can check us out at Podcast Alley, Podcast Pickle or the TV on the Internet libsyn page.

And if you like the show, consider a donation by clicking on the PayPal link over at the right. Remember, you'll get your name on the air and could get to choose some show for us to review!

June contest winner: Kory! Kory, we'll be sending you an e-mail with details on how to claim your prize.

Look after the jump for complete details.

TV on the Internet, Episode 14: Some Emmy Predictions for You

Here's a direct link to the episode.

Time codes follow. There are MAJOR SPOILERS for a variety of shows, so you may want to skip over a segment if you haven't watched the shows discussed therein.

Times:

00:00.00-01:05.40: The whole show is Emmy talk this week. Sorry if you're interested in something else!

Headline Links:

Prepare for the Emmys here (Emmys.org)

This Week's Music:

The Rough Guide To Afrobeat RevivalKokolo
"Trouble Come, Trouble Go" (mp3)
from "The Rough Guide To Afrobeat Revival"
(Rough Guides/World Music Network)

Buy at iTunes Music Store
More On This Album



Clips are from How I Met Your Mother (episode: "Intervention," script by Stephen Lloyd), Brothers & Sisters (episode: "A Father Dreams," script by Michael Foley and Jennifer Levin), The Office (episode: "Company Picnic," script by Jennifer Celotta and Paul Lieberstein), 30 Rock (episode: "Reunion," script by Matt Hubbard) and The Office (episode: "Weight Loss," script by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky).

Corrections:

(We'll post 'em as you make 'em.)

A Podcast Recommendation:

So when we started this, it was because Todd, mistakenly, thought there weren't very many general TV podcasts out there. Now we learn there are many! Too many! The rest of you stop it! Except for TV Times Three. You can stay.

5 comments:

Myles said...

Thoughts as I listen:

- I watched Sons of Anarchy, Erik! And also wish Katey Sagal could get in. But, alas, definitely not happening. And I also watched No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency! And wish Anika Noni Rose could get in.

- For the record, Lizzy Caplan is going to lose horribly in Supporting Actress and not Lead Actress.

- I agree about Supporting Actor being all over the place, I similarly went off on a flight of fancy. Mine involved Jeremy Davies, though - I like Holloway, but Davies' has the more eccentric performance.

- I'm on the HIMYM train, but I would kind of feel icky if I wasn't.

- I just don't see True Blood getting in. Meanwhile, I really liked No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, but its buzz was just so limited. Minghella/Scott have a chance.

Kory said...

For what it's worth, I think Elizabeth Mitchell deserves a nomination for her work, but BSA is such a crowded category....

Woo hoo! I'm a winner! I have nothing in mind to give you guys yet, but with Everwood still on the docket, I'll take my time on the selection.

Carrie said...

I ended up really liking Sons of Anarchy. It got much better as the show went along, and by the end of the season was really firing on all cylinders. Katey Sagal is remarkable.

The performances I most want to see nominated but think they have no shot are Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad and Allison Pill for In Treatment. I've given up on anyone from Friday Night Lights or Battlestar Galactica ever getting their due, and I'm not quite as high on the Mad Men supporting performances as most. But Aaron Paul and Allison Pill were quite amazing this year and both deserve a nom.

Can't wait for the Everwood podcast! I got my DVDs and have started a full series rewatch. Ephram and Amy, sigh.

Smarry said...

The performances I most want to see nominated but think they have no shot are Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad and Allison Pill for In Treatment. I've given up on anyone from Friday Night Lights or Battlestar Galactica ever getting their due, and I'm not quite as high on the Mad Men supporting performances as most. But Aaron Paul and Allison Pill were quite amazing this year and both deserve a nom.


___________________
Smarry
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Julie said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.

I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog

very often.
___________________
Julie
Best place for your complete Internet

marketing